Saturday, August 25, 2012

The Lucky One (review)


   
        It's only yesterday that I was able to watch this movie, the Intro was a major intrigued to me a boat heading a vast river then the next scene, a war on which the story began  where a soldier was shot dead while on his duty. Logan (Zac Efron) was on his third tour when he found a photo that belongs to someone that made him safe until the last tour, being thankful he realized to find the girl on that photo for him to be able to personally thank her (Beth/Taylor Shilling) but he falls in love and being close to her son (Ben).
       What I like on this movie is that it has a novel like story, because Nicolas Spark was the one who writes it and with the award winning Director Scott Hicks who wrote The notebook and Dear John. The scenes where always early morning or sunset was a good idea to show the wonderful place, I was impressed to the lighting of the movie. Dogs on this movie was a nice idea to especially to me that I have a Shi Tzu, it's fun watching that they show some tricks there.  

Genre:Drama
PG13 Contains sexual and  violence
Runtime: 101 Mins.
Released: April 20, 2012
Director: Scott Hicks
Distributor:Warner Bros. Pictures
Starring: Zac Efron, Taylor Schilling

Here are some trailer of the movie:

Quotes from this movie:

                                   Beth: Why did you come here? 
                                   Logan: To find you. 

                                   Logan: You should be kissed every day, every hour, every minute. 

                                   Logan: How do you explain something that you can't even understand yourself? 

                                                                          OST: 

                                          
   
Teen Choice Awards
YearResultAwardCategory/Recipient(s)
2012WonTeen Choice AwardChoice Movie Actor: Drama
Zac Efron
Choice Movie Actor: Romance
Zac Efron
Choice Movie: Drama
NominatedTeen Choice AwardChoice Movie Actress: Romance
Taylor Schilling
Choice Movie Liplock
Zac Efron
Taylor Schilling
Choice Movie: Romance

                                                                          Rating: 7/10

1 comment:

  1. Zac Efron and Taylor Shilling were two very good actors to star in The Lucky One, but the book was definitely better than the film. I could go into detail on why, but then I’d be here all day. I’ve even asked some of my coworkers, and they had similar reactions. That’s not to say I didn’t enjoy the movie; I have already added it to my Blockbuster @Home queue so I can see it again soon. That way, while it’s getting here, I can finish my other books and movies! Great review!

    ReplyDelete